Wednesday, December 14, 2011

trainer level

I have a treadmill in the basement, but I approach it differently than the rest of my family. They all have this ridiculous desire to push themselves, to set a higher goal each time just to see if they can reach it. Matt's always telling me how close he came to breaking his record from the last time. Whatever. The only thing I care about is if I can sit down with my jeans buttoned. Please tell me exactly the least amount of exercise I can do and still keep a decent figure for a 40-something woman.
I did realize recently, however, that on Personal Trainer I and II workouts I was barely breaking a sweat anymore, so I asked Matt to give me a husbandly mandate to bump it up to level III. As much as I didn't want to, I realized it was time to push it a little harder. I did it. Hated it. But I suppose my abs will thank me later.
My relationship with God is pretty solid, but I have this feeling I've gotten pretty comfortable at I and II. It's impressive enough to toss around in a conversation, but I know I'm hardly breaking a sweat anymore at those levels.
On the Personal Trainer Workouts the treadmill gives me three little beeps to let me know the incline and speed are about ready to change. I'm getting those little beeps from the Holy Spirit in my soul right now. I feel like I'm bracing myself, getting focused to make sure my footing is solid, because it's time to bump it up to a new level.
Christmas festivities are happening all around me, but on the inside I'm trying to prepare myself. 2012 -level III. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. WOW. Exciting stuff! Bring it 2012!!!! I hope to hear some beeps too!
    And exercising makes me grumpy. :)

    ReplyDelete