Friday, December 30, 2011

overachiever

It was sixth grade, and I had to make a bug collection for science class -a miserable assignment for a book nerd who generally avoided nature.  I managed to collect the bugs, but you will not believe what they traveled to school in after I asked dad to help me with the display.

All the bugs were laid out on velvet-covered Styrofoam encased in a hand-built, wooden case that had been sanded, varnished, and glossed.  There was a lid with hinges and a latch to close it -and inlaid glass so you could view the bugs without opening the door.  Dad's idea of helping me with my science project.

Every time I ask God for help I get the same thing.

Way more than I asked for.
 
Way better than I imagined.

Over the top.   

Genesis 1:31.  God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment