Sunday, December 11, 2011

best law ever

Two Christmases ago Matt gave me a gift certificate to shop for a little black dress. We spent a few hours looking online and finally landed on a simple little velvet number. The gift came with the promise of a date, so when it arrived in the mail we planned a Friday night, and Matt took me to an expensive restaurant. Linen tablecloths, shrimp on ice, glasses that don't require a lid or a straw. It was nice, really nice. I loved the low lighting and the lengthy time to talk and dream about everything in life. Life is busy and often routine. It's so good to pull away and have special time with Matt.
I love commandment number four. "Be careful to dedicate the Sabbath day, as the Lord your God has commanded you." On Sunday morning I dress to the hilt in my soul and meet God in low lighting, with a cup of coffee in one hand and my Bible in the other. The one day I make no to-do list. Permission not to make the bed. Laundry can wait for tomorrow. Time to talk -about some of the frustrating things, some of the fun things. Time for a little bit of dreaming. Remembering how much I enjoy God's company.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder. I did way too much laundry, vacuuming, . . . yesterday.
    You are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete