Friday, June 29, 2012

Use the right metrics.

Preacher husband feels the metrics when he counts how many people came to church. 

Teenager feels the metrics when she steps on the weight scale. 

I feel the metrics when I check on my blog stats page. 

Metrics are a set of measurements that quantify results. 

God uses metrics, too.   

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”  (Isaiah 55:9  NIV) 

God’s way of measuring is higher than ours. 

We measure numbers.  He measures changed lives.
We measure popularity.  He measures humility.
We measure outside beauty and strength.  He measures the heart. 

Everyone measures. 

Because everyone wants to know success.   

The question is, are we measuring by God’s standards or by the standards of the world around us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment