Friday, June 8, 2012

we forget this is the answer to our problems

A few weeks ago Matt was helping me put away the winter coats for the summer (although there was still snow on the mountains, so I’m not sure what we were thinking) when he said, Hey, look what I found!  And he pulled a $5 bill out of one of the coat pockets. 

Prayer is like that.  This valuable thing that has been with us all along, but we forget we have it. 

I was lying in bed just this morning feeling anxious about something.  Worrying the issue over and over in my mind.  And then I remembered, Oh yeah, I should pray about this.  So I turned all my worries over to the Lord –dumped them on him.  Trusting he’ll take care of them.  Like reaching my hand into a pocket and feeling paper money. 

What have you been trying to handle all by yourself that you need to remember to pray about?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this reminder. I went to bed stressing about life and our 'next steps' and all that may be lying ahead of us and am so thankful to have woke up this morning and dumped it out at my Father's throne. I often, too, forget that I can pray and trust. Thanks for the reminder, mama. Love you!

    ReplyDelete