Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Simple skills can make the most difference.

I came home to Keens on the front porch. 

Every Friday my dear friend, Traci, marks up the newspaper and does some serious garage saling all over town. 

Three days ago I wore a pair of pants she bought at a sale last summer and thought “might just fit me”.  The day before that my daughter wore a shirt to work (that she stole out of my closet!) –another garage sale find and gift from Traci.  And now $109.99 Keens (I looked up what they were worth online) sitting on my front porch.  She never lets me pay her for any of these garage sale treasures. 



We live on a tight budget, and her gifts stretch it far.   

Generosity. 

Maybe you think you have to have some over-the-top talent or intelligence or beauty to be of any value in the world.  I disagree.  I think you only need one little thing God puts in your heart that pours out His grace on other people –and then be crazy generous with it. 

The only thing the world needs is a Traci. 

“You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion.”  (2 Corinthians 9:11 NIV) 

What is that one little thing you care about and are good at that could be a gift of grace to someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment