Monday, July 30, 2012

when you can't be a mom another second

This morning I heard from a mom who has run out.  So stressed and exhausted, she has run out of energy and emotional reserves.  It’s Monday, and she’s already going on fumes before the week has even started. 

She lists the demands:  Paperwork, finances, making dinner, playing with the kids, work, making time for herself.  It seems impossible when you put it all down on paper.   

I’ve been in that place so many times, especially when my kids were little and it was not possible to stop being a mom when I was empty of strength. 

We come to the end of ourselves.  And then what? 

We pray. 

Lord, I can’t be a mom for another second. 

“I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.”  (Philippians 4:13  NIV) 

Strength isn't something we pull up from inside us.   

It’s being empty.   

Lord, I’m physically and emotionally drained. 

I’ve been a mom for 18 years, so you can believe me when I tell you that God answers a mom's prayer for help. 

We run out of strength.  He shares some of His.   

However much we need.   

In the moment we need it. 

Just have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment