Wednesday, May 30, 2012

the two choices fear puts in front of us

I just bought this big, thick how-to book for writers.  By chapter three I pretty much wanted to curl up under the blankets and never come out.  I don’t know how to do any of this stuff.  Three chapters are about Twitter, and I don’t even know how to tweet.  (Does it seem ridiculous to anyone else that “to tweet” has even become a verb?)



So now I’m caught right in the middle of what I am convinced God wants me to do, which is to write about how he comes into everyday life, and what needs to happen on my end, which is to figure out websites, SEOs, twitter, ebooks, etc.

Aaaaaagghhh! 

Psalm 56:3 says, “When I am afraid, I will trust in you.”

I’m afraid of trying to write and failing.  But I only have two choices –either to continue to pursue writing and trust that God’s going to help me figure out the hard stuff along the way or to give up.

Give up?

When I am afraid I will crawl under the covers and give up?    

Being afraid and trusting means being afraid and choosing to move forward anyway, except with help.  Not moving forward alone and floundering but moving forward with God as teacher, strengthener, provider, encourager.

So I’m going to stick with writing, even though the whole process freaks me out.

When it comes to that scary thing you know God wants you to do, which choice do you like better –trusting God as you obediently push into the scary unknown or giving up altogether?

No comments:

Post a Comment