I have lots of things I used to do.
· I used to eat a whole bowl of cereal before bed…now I just eat a few bites.
· I used to go weeks without exercising…now I walk on the treadmill three to five days out of the week.
· I used to wait days before doing dishes…now I just wait a day…or two. (Give me credit for progress, people.)
· I used to eat whatever…now I read labels and think about the nutritional value of food. (Except for select labels I choose to ignore, like I have no idea what’s in a Lindt truffle, and don’t anybody tell me.)
· I used to pull out the credit card to buy things…now I use cash.
Because I have a list of successes, I know it is possible to make strides in self control, so my goal is to be able to say I used to about this one area of my life that plagues me.
Ephesians 4:22 says, “you took off your former way of life”.
You used to…but now…
What area do you most need self control in? Try saying “I used to____________” and see how it feels.