Friday, May 18, 2012

how to prepare for economic crisis

The talk last night was about the economy.  That’s just fun.  Trillions of dollars in debt and the coming national collapse.   

I look over my husband’s shoulder as he scrolls through blogs on his Droid –three steps to take to survive another great depression.  Great stuff to look at just before I go to bed. 

As I climb the stairs I think, Really, I just want to be happy.  That’s all.  I don’t want a great depression.   

Crawling into bed I grab my Bible and open it to the Proverb of the day. 

He who seeks good finds goodwill, but evil comes to him who searches for it.”  (Proverbs 11:27  NIV) 

Goodwill is defined as “pleasure, delight acceptance”.  Yes, those are all the things I want.  Those are the things I want for my kids. 

So there is the answer to strap on my back as I bend into a bad economy.  Seek good.  It’s not building a bunker or an acre garden in the backyard.  It’s not stuffing money under the mattress or hoarding stuff.  What I need to weather a bad economy is to look for good today.   

Hoard thankfulness.  Tuck Bible truths away in my mind for that rainy day.  Construct a bunker of obedience to God’s good ways.  Hunker down and find ways to love as if my future depended on it. 

What are you looking for?

No comments:

Post a Comment