Friday, August 10, 2012

Don't stop.

My mom gave me a one-year Bible for Christmas, and my grand plan was to read the entire Bible through in a year. 

So today is August 10, and I am officially on April 25 in the one-year Bible.  Obviously I must have meant dog years when I made this goal. 

A few decades ago I would have given up about now:  Had a plan.  Plan failed.  Failed God.  Why keep going. 

That was how I used to see it.  I would attack my time with God like a DIY project where I would have the great idea, buy all the supplies, get a feeble start on the project, and then sell all the untouched supplies in next year’s garage sale. 

Then one day I realized God loves me and just wants to be with me.   

I don’t really care about the three-month lag in my big plan.  The important thing is that I had a plan to walk all the way through God’s word –with Him, and I’ve been doing that every day, just more snail pace than I had intended. 

In Revelation 3:20, God says to His people, “Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me. 

It’s the with Him part that is the success, not the page count.  So I keep going. 

How are you coming along with your big plan to spend time with God?  (It’s okay if it’s not perfectly executed.  It only matters that it happens day after day.)

2 comments:

  1. Christy, you have done an amazing job of "not stopping" with your writing. I don't always comment but I read your blog most every day. You give me something to "chew on" as I go about my day.

    Hugs!
    ~Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back! I've been tempted to give up writing so many days, but your encouragement has kept me going. Thanks for being a good friend. And I thank God if there's something in my words worth chewing on!

      Delete