Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A healthy question to ask God.

I have a project I’ve been working on for almost seven months, and I think it only should have taken seven days. 

Everything about it has been hard.  Road block after road block.  Here I am, as my dad would say, with 99% done and still 100% left to do. 

I was standing in the shower, where I seem to have the best conversations with God. 

And I asked a question I’ve asked many times before.  So, what are ya doin’ with me, Lord? 

Not disrespectful or bitter.  Just asking. 

I assume that, despite my frustration and discouragement in completing my project, God is doing something. 

“We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.”  (Romans 8:28  NIV). 

The hot water ran over my face in the shower, and I thanked God for not allowing my project to come to completion yet.  Thanked Him for the delay.  Voiced trust that His plan for my project would happen at the most opportune time.

So, what are you doin’ with me, Lord?   

Always Lord at the end of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment