Monday, April 2, 2012

a successful build

I’m trying to write.  My cousin’s trying to get through med school.  My daughter’s trying to fund college.  My son’s trying to learn guitar so he can play with the band at church.  My friends are trying to start a new business project.    

It seems we’re all striving to accomplish something.

As I work toward my own goal I keep running into this truth from Psalm 127:1.  “Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain.” 

In vain means “emptiness, nothingness, worthlessness”.  Nobody’s striving for that. 

So I’ve shaped my personal goal around a prayer.  Lord, unless you build my writing and my platform, everything I’m working toward is empty. 

Unless the Lord is the one building up our life projects, every ounce of energy we put into them is worthless. 

So I’ve shaped my personal goal around a prayer.  Lord, do you like the floor plan?  Is my design for my life your design for my life? 

The Lord has the muscle and the resources and the contract expertise.   

So I’ve shaped my personal goal around a prayer.  Lord, I’m working.  I’m giving it all I’ve got.  But I know you’re the only one who can make this happen. 

Try attaching this phrase to your big plan:  Unless the Lord builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment