Tuesday, March 6, 2012

match the stride

I didn’t know about type-A personalities when I was kid.  I just knew dad walked really fast wherever we went. 

I remember jumping in the truck with him and going down to the hardware store.  We got out of the truck, and he was already halfway down the sidewalk before I even set foot on the ground.  I had to run to catch up with him. 

He would always bark over his shoulder, “Keep up.  I’m not waitin’ for ya!”   He was a man with things to do.

Dad never once kept his promise to leave me behind, but he also never slowed his stride to match mine.

Now I walk fast.  I remember walking past someone once, and the person said, “Now there’s a woman on a mission!”

Paul says to Christians, in Galatians 5:25, “Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.” 

How fast does the Spirit of God walk?    

No comments:

Post a Comment