Friday, January 6, 2012

cleaning house

I’m so prone to hoeing things out that my husband says he has to keep moving or he’ll end up at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. 

I'm drawn toward the Shaker style of decorating –distinctly simple, useful, and finely crafted.  Everything else goes.

I helped my son do a deep cleaning of his room last week.  We gave away two sacks of clothes that didn’t fit him, and we filled a large sack with things that were taking up space but weren’t being used anymore.  That sack goes to the thrift store.

When Jesus walks into the temple he turns over the tables of the moneychangers, annoyed by the clutter.  He says to them, “My house will be called a house of prayer.”  (Matthew 21:13) 

We need to sit down with a cup of coffee and allow Jesus to walk through the rooms of our soul.  A large space needs to be made for prayer.  Any clutter must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment