Monday, October 31, 2011

a better mirror

I have this beautiful dress my mom bought me several years ago. It's a little form fitting, though, and for the last three winters I've pulled it over my head and then pulled it right back off after looking in the mirror at my 40-something mommy pooch -yuck. This winter I pulled it out and gave it another try since I've been working out. Well, mommy pooch is still there, but I decided to give it a go. Church only lasted for a couple of hours, and I thought surely I could suck it in for that long! I was standing in the church hallway by myself, taking a break from sucking it in, when a mom walked through the door holding the hand of her adorable daughter who was maybe three years old. I was admiring the beauty of this child as she walked by me, when all of a sudden she turned her head back to me and said, "Cute skirt!" Her comment seemed to make my abs feel smaller. Maybe I'll just skip the mirror next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment